Course / Conference Cancellation Policy
John Lennon once wrote “Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans” (John Lennon Beautiful Boy 1980). We understand for a number of reasons you may need to cancel a booking. The following is our cancellation policy.
Cancellations (including requests for date / venue changes) up to 4 weeks prior to a course / conference
Full refund minus £50 administration fee
Cancellations (including requests for date / venue changes) after this time
We are unable to refund (for any reason) after this time
At any time (up until 1 day before the start of the course / conference if you find someone to take your place (who isn’t already booked) then you will receive a full refund minus £30 administration fee. The contents of this policy apply to your replacement.
To inform us of a cancellation please contact me (the email must arrive within the times stated).
- We will never pass on any of your personal information to a third party.
- From time to time we may email you with upcoming courses / conferences. If you prefer not to receive this information just let us know. In the subject line please just write. “Unsubscribe”. (This may take a few weeks to become activated and we apologise if you receive any other communications during this time).
- Unfortunately a course or conference place cannot be reserved or held for you or a colleague. Payment in full is required at the time of booking. This is the only way of reserving a place.
- Unfortunately we are not able to invoice a third party for your attendance at a course / conference. Payment is required at the time of booking and it will be your responsibility to get reimbursed from the third party.
- We reserve the right to cancel a course due to insufficient numbers.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a course due to ill health, personal reasons, natural or manmade reasons, or because of a cancellation from the hosting venue, every reasonable effort will be made to organise an alternative date. Every fully paid participant affected by this change will be offered the opportunity to participate on this alternative or another more convenient alternative date and venue (up to one year of the cancelled course / conference). If this is not possible a full refund will be given. Our absolute maximum liability is limited to the cost of the course as published on the drjeremylewis.com website or in other forms of communication. We request you ensure we have a phone number (including country and area code, mobile number and email).
- We are in no way responsible and will not pay any damages incurred by the participant as a result of any cancelled or postponed course / conference. (Damages include, but are not limited to; any travel, any accommodation, sustenance, work/employment, communication costs and any other costs associated with your decision to participate in the course / conference). We strongly recommend you take out appropriate insurance to cover this possibility.
- Courses and conferences may involve a practical component and sitting for prolonged periods. Food and refreshments may also be provided. We accept no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of participation.
- You must at all times work within your own ability and scope of practice. We reserve the right to refuse your acceptance on a course or conference if we feel it is outside your scope of practice and if you may put other participants at risk of injury or discomfort. You must be physically able to partake in the course and if you do have any injuries, discomfort or prior knowledge that is relevant to any activities being performed it is your responsibility to make those known.
- We reserve the right to remove any person from a course if their behaviour is deemed by the tutor to be detrimental to the group, unsafe, inappropriate or adversely affecting the course / conference. We will not be liable for any refund in these circumstances, and you will not be able to claim a refund.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are sufficiently fit and adequately equipped to participate in the course or conference. You must tell us (by email) of any medical conditions or dietary requirements at the time of booking. If for any reason you are not in a suitable condition to attend or complete a course or are under the influence of drink or drugs the tutor may ask you to leave the course. We will not be liable for any extra expense incurred by this and you will not be able to claim a refund.
- We will not be held responsible for returned cheques / payments due to insufficient funds being available in your account, or if you provide us with incorrect bank account information. A £20 administration fee will be paid by you in these circumstances.
- You are not permitted to make any audio or video recording of the course or conference without our written permission.
- Booking on a course and / or conference creates a binding agreement and implies you are in full agreement and will comply with all the terms and conditions detailed in these drjeremylewis.com Terms and Conditions.
- These terms and conditions may be reviewed and changed in the future.
(‘Our’ ‘We’ refers to the Jeremy Lewis)
Affiliate Terms & Conditions
If you are an affiliate or are registering as an affiliate, see the Affiliate Terms and Conditions page.